Welcome to our amazing Preschool & Kindergarten!
Registration begins February 7th for all current families and church members and February 14th for all families. Call the office if you are interested in scheduling a tour! 749-1738
Our amazing staff is excited to have your kiddos with us this year! We love to watch children grow and learn.
Bunnies & Owls January 27
Giraffes & Geckos January 28
Registration – Internal Families
Registration – All Families
Moments with Mom
M/W Lambs February 9th @ 11:00 a.m.
Bunnies (10;30 a.m.), T/TH Lambs (11:00 a.m.), Owls (2:30 p.m.) February 10th
Giraffes (10:30 a.m.), Geckos (12:30 p.m.) February 11th
Love of Reading Celebrations (in-class)
February 17th & 18th
February 24th & 25th
March 10th 9:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
March 11th – 18th
April 15th & 18th
Dad’s Day Celebrations
M/W Lambs (9:00 a.m.), Owls (12:30 p.m.) April 20th
Bunnies (8:30 a.m.), T/TH Lambs (9:00 a.m.) April 21st
Giraffes (8:30 a.m.) April 22nd
Kindergarten Step Up Day
Bunnies & Owls May 3rd
M/W Lambs May 4th
T/TH Lambs May 5th
Giraffes & Geckos May 6
M/W Lambs May 11th @ 11:00 a.m. in Linder Hall
Bunnies May 12th @ 10:30 a.m. in the FLC
T/TH Lambs May 12th @ 11:00 a.m. in Linder Hall
Owls May 12th @ 2:30 p.m. in the FLC
Giraffes May 13th @ 10:30 a.m. in the FLC
Geckos May 18th @ 9:00 a.m. in the FLC
You’ll find so many reasons to choose us as the preschool or kindergarten for your child! Here’s why you’ll be glad you registered with us.
- We are licensed by the State of Arizona.
- We welcome students and families from all social, economic and religious backgrounds.
- Our small class sizes enable teachers to know all of their students well and provide personalized instruction.
- Two teachers in every class ensure that each child gets individualized attention.
- Our teachers are experienced, dedicated, caring, highly qualified and committed.
- We offer Enrichment Programs in the morning (Dolphins) and afternoon (Monkeys) Monday-Friday.
- Our strong parent community supports all of our children, their families, and our school.
- Parents and families are encouraged to be part of our school community by coming to events such as Teddy Bear Picnic, Fall Festival, Christmas Chapel Performances, Moments with Mom, Dad’s Brunch, Spring Carnival and more!
- We are a ministry of Tanque Verde Lutheran Church.
- Our approach focuses on educating the whole child — socially, physically, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually. Our approach inspires each child to achieve his or her full potential.
- Weekly chapel experiences and community service projects help teach children to be upstanding individuals.
- We have been an active part of the Tucson community, educating students since 1979, with second and third generation students attending.
- One of the most valuable gifts a parent can give a child is an excellent education. At TVLC Preschool & Kindergarten our children receive just that — an excellent education.
8625 E Tanque Verde Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85749
Monday – Thursday
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
“When searching for a Kindergarten for my first daughter I was very nervous and overwhelmed. After visiting many schools, I finally chose Tanque Verde Lutheran Church Kindergarten and I am so beyond glad that I did. TVLC Kindergarten has provided my daughter a small and nurturing environment in which she has thrived both academically and emotionally. I am pleased to know that my daughter comes home happy and excited to go to school everyday. My daughter loves the Zoo Phonics program and it is a joy to see her come home and share all of the fun activities in her day at school. Overall, the Kindergarten program provides a well-balanced environment that I was hoping for; good academics, plenty of physical activity, hands-on learning, community building, and spiritual and social development. Her Kindergarten teachers, staff, and school Director are warm and inviting to our family. We enjoy attending our daughter’s special family events for holidays and more. I know that my daughter will be more well prepared to enter her larger elementary school as a 1st grader having had her year at TVLC Kindergarten to mature and help her grow into a beautiful, curious, and empathetic person. “
My son has attended TVLCPK for 2 year old Lambs and 3 year old Bunnies. The amazing teachers and staff, loving environment and focus on education is what had us enroll our son for a second year. He loves the structure, “awesome” teachers and “nice” friends he has met during his time here. As a 3 year old, he also enjoys being able to eat lunch and attend the afternoon Monkey enrichment classes with his friends. The special days that the staff and teachers coordinate (i.e. Teddy Bear Picnic, Fall Festival, Christmas Chapels, Moments with Mom, Spring Carnival, Donuts with Dad) are so special and are something my family looks forward to attending to every year! We truly appreciate the program that TVLC offers our community!
In the past two and a half years with the preschool, we have had nothing but a positive experience. My oldest son, Parker, started as a four year old Giraffe, and we chose TVLC for his Kindergarten year. He is a very bright and sensitive child, and we wanted a small class for him where he would receive a balance of play and academics. The staff did an outstanding job of meeting his needs and providing many experiences both inside and outside of the classroom. His confidence soared last year. When I did have a few concerns throughout the year, both the director and his teacher were receptive and helped to find a solution that fit his needs. Parker wanted to go to school everyday, which, ultimately, was our goal for him! He is now in first grade at an area school and has transitioned really well. Our middle son, Bennett, is now in the four year old Giraffes, and his personality is so different from our oldest. I appreciate the community within the preschool, and have seen huge growth in his social and emotional skills. While academics was not our main goal for him, he is improving in both letter recognition and counting. Above all, he has a positive attitude about learning! We are grateful for a wonderful director and such a dedicated and caring staff!